Monday, March 14, 2011

These are my People....it Ain't Always Pretty, but it's Real

Please excuse my delay in blogging, it's Spring Break 2011, and I'm busy frolicking in the tulips with my kids!  OK no frolicking, just hanging with the peeps and any friends that we're blessed enough to hang with.

Last night, we camped in the backyard....not much scenery, but running water nearby, so it's a pretty cool deal.  "Unfortunately", Brady wouldn't settle down in the tent, so I "had" to come in the house to sleep with him.  Although I didn't end up sleeping much, kept worrying about the back door being unlocked, and other random things.  Funny how you can feel safe at a campsite, but a bit freaked out in your own backyard??

Sometime during the night, a huge storm rolled in.  I thought Mark and the girls would come running for cover, so I got up and got 3 towels out and sat by the back door waiting.  I watched the wind and rain pound the tent...but no sign of my peeps.  Tough as nails!!  Back to bed I go!

Happy Spring Break friends!!

P.S.   Post title is from a Rodney Atkins song that I love and seems to sum up our family pretty well!

11 comments:

Angel said...

Soooo jealous! I want to do this! Gonna have to beg Brian and see if we can. What great memories your girls will have of this! I truly think these are the things that are important--not the big trips and spending lots of money (although I wouldn't turn down a trip to somewhere cool either). Good for you for at least trying to tough it out with them.

April said...

I agree that these little things create good memories! Hope Brian will go for it! If not, the tent is still set up back there, and you and the girls can come and camp in our backyard tonight :)

Mark S said...

Who Dat

Unknown said...

What a fun way to start off Spring Break!!!

I don't see how Ian could "camp" yet either so kudos to you for trying!!

~Becca

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

I remember sleeping in the back yard in a tent with the two girls I was babysitting when I was 11. :) No adults and a HUGE storm rolled in. We didn't have a fence around the back yard either. What the heck were my parents thinking??

There was a storm here last night?

April said...

Ha ha!
And yes, big storm, but not long, we mentioned it to our neighbor, and he did not hear it either. Ground wasn't even wet this morning.

LauraLee Shaw said...

That is so cool! What fun. I, however, NEVer feel safe at a campsite, so if home is worse, I think I'll pass. How 'bout a tent set up in the living room with a nature CD playing in the background?

Jill said...

Love that song....good times it looks like for ya'll! fun fun.

Why did you delete a comment?

Jill said...

love Brady's shirt...fits in with the camping theme. =)

About the blog....I don't like that I can't come write on it's wall. =( and I don't like having to do the word verification thingy every time I comment. Ok...complaint over.

April said...

I think it was deleted by Barb.
Complaints noted :)