Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Pat My Booty

If you've ever had a conversation with me, in real life, you  might notice me patting my right booty alot. There's a left booty too, but I just pat the right one.  It's similar to the motion a rider of a horse uses to make the horse giddy-up.

I caught myself doing this a few times this morning.  It went something like this "Well I had a text from her this morning" pat pat
"Well I emailed her" pat pat
"Oh I talked to Susan yesterday" pat pat

Maybe you've always thought I had some kind of a nervous twitch.  Like some people twirl their hair, or rub their eyebrows, or twirl a pen.  Did you go home and ask your spouse "Have you ever wondered why April pats her right booty?"

Well here's the truth...I keep my phone in my back right pocket.  So when I'm telling you that I texted someone, I am illustrating that act by patting my phone...which is in my back pocket.  But the average Joe has no idea my phone is in that pocket and may wonder what the heck I'm doing!  

So there you have it...no nervous twitch, no giddy-up, nothing other than my phone resting in my back pocket. 

Pat pat. 

9 comments:

Angel said...

I've never noticd the pat-pat, but my sis-in-law has ruined 2 phones bcause she forgot they were in her back pocket and when she went to the restroom, they dropped in teh toilet.

April said...

Ohhhhhh sad. I'm more likely to sit on in and break the screen. I usually remember to take it out for potty. :)

Jill said...

I do this too! Haha!! b/c I keep my phone in my right booty pocket! (I do remember to take out to potty though, and place under my chin....)

April said...

We must be related!

Barb said...

Going to be watching for the booty pat now...

Barb said...

and now i'm commenting again b/c i didn't get the option to check for email follow ups the first time...

Unknown said...

That reminds ms of that song," I flip my hair." you tube the video, but imagine you singing it patting your booty. Too funny April!!!

Unknown said...

And here I thought this post had something to do with Brady...

~Becca

Shannon said...

I do this all the time!! Hence all the "butt dialing" I do!