Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Face of a Girl

This is the face of a girl who is NOT cool in Uptown, trying to BE cool in Uptown!
We land there a couple of times a year, just often enough to remind us of why we live in a suburb full of kids.  Uptowners are cool and hip, young and old...they have fancy dogs instead of kids. 

Try walking through Uptown with 3 kids....FREAK SHOW!!  Not to mention that we were dressed in matching shades of blue and coral, because our first plan was to go to the Arboretum this day and get perfect family pictures in the tulips of our perfect family!  Double attention-grabber!

Imagine the stares and whispers when you're crossing a busy street and your son decides to stop, and you have to drag him by one arm to save his life in front of a busy patio restaurant where ladies are sipping their Evian.  

Imagine asking for a highchair in Jakes or Hook Line & Sinker.  

Imagine my surprise that the DOGS of Uptown socialize with each other....."oh poodle-baby, let's go talk to the chihuahua."

Imagine me rolling my eyes at the conversation I heard at the Starbucks while waiting for the trolley..."Oh that Lady Gaga concert was so good, she's just really such a blessing to humanity." 

Oh well, cool days have come and gone!  Thankful to be a mom to 3 cool kids! 

7 comments:

Barb said...

I have never heard of Jake's or Hook, Line & Sinker... You are obviously cooer than me.

Barb said...

and, I didn't get the option there for email followups, but I do now. Weird.

Jill said...

Brady looks super cool sipping his starbucks! Love the colors! I don't even know how to get to "uptown" so I'm so not cool.

Jill said...

me neither Barb on the first one...but on this one yes. Hmmm.

April said...

Ya'll definitely need to take your kids on the trolley! It's free. Runs from the City Place station to the Dallas Museum of Art. You can get on either of those places, or on any stop along the way.
Barb, it's all unhealthy, that's why you don't know :)

Mark S said...

Who dat

Unknown said...

There is no place like uptown Dallas!!!! Definitely don't hear those conversations in Austin!!

~Becca