Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Step by Step Guide to Getting Kicked Out of the Dallas Museum of Art

1.  Walk into the museum and promptly touch and lick the first statue you see.  This immediately puts museum security on alert, and you have a weird sense that someone is following you the whole day.


2.  Hang out in the childrens' area until the kids get bored and want to go and see the REAL art....and the parents agree.


3.  2 year old makes a dash for a piece of furniture that was made in like 1428.  Museum security starts running and yelling "the baby the baby!".  Sirens roar.  Security doors lock down.  Whole crew is taken into custody for questioning.


4.  In trying to flee quickly, all 5 kids and 2 moms take an elevator down that opens in the middle of the atrium cafe...all 7 of us wave and blow kisses to the fancy people as they snack on goat cheese, hydro bibb salad, and pea shoots.


5.  Running now, to the last elevator that takes us to our escape vehicle in the parking garage, push alarm button on way out and make a run for it! 

13 comments:

Jill said...

Did you really get kicked out?

April said...

Yes! It brought back the feelings of when we got kicked out of the Doubletree, haaaa!!!
No, not really.

Jill said...

That is so funny. I think about the doubletree every time Mason moon's me. And yes....Mason moon's me.

Angel said...

Seriously, Jill--I have marks on my wrists from th cuffs they put us in. If not for Hope, Annika and Brady breaking us out, we'd still be sitting under bright lights being questioned on why we allowed our kids to play on the "art" outside.

Angel said...

trying something here to see if I can get the comments emailed to me--sorry to make you think another person commented on your blog, April. If you want, I'll post it to facebook for you, then you'll get lost of traffic :)

April said...

OK, I'm responding to see if you get the email notification!

Barb said...

I think the last time I went to the DMA Noah was about Brady's age. :) My friend who was with me that day was over a couple of days ago. Neither of us has been back. Kid #1 gets a much better mom than kid #2...at least in this house.

ps. the deleted comment on the other post was b/c I "published" before I checked that I wanted email follow up comments, so I deleted, checked and republished. :)

April said...

HA HA, I kinda look at child #1 as the trial run...I'm hoping I'm getting better with each kid :)

Barb said...

I guess it's a give and take of "better." :) First kid went to museums, musicals, got read to every day, baby massages, lots of one on one time... Second kid gets a more relaxed parent who knows a little more, but didn't get to go to all those cool places and the "good mom" stuff at home b/c I'm too cheap and too lazy!! :)

April said...

Baby massages??

Barb said...

We were a little over the top with the first one. Had a masseuse come to the house to teach us how to do infant massage so we could incorporate it into his bedtime routine. :) and we wonder why number two is crazy.

Jill said...

I don't remember having the same experiences with kid #1. We made late walmart trips b/c the kid didn't sleep, had no routines, and he wore me out. Baby massages? Maybe I should have tried that!

Kayla said...

I can only say I wish I had been there... as a casual observer of course! :)
These are the stories the kids will tell 30 years from now. It's all good.