MINE MINE MINE!!!!! That's possibly the most annoying sound in the world. Like fingernails on the chalkboard. An alarm clock before 6 a.m. A fly buzzing in the kitchen. Wind chimes. A person brewing generic coffee (oh wait, that would be the most annoying smell). Anyway, you get the point.
MINE doesn't even necessarily mean "that's mine". It could definitely mean "it's Brady's." Or it could mean "I want to do it myself." It could mean "I want Daddy to get me out of the bed." It might mean "I'm willing to risk pinching my finger off to buckle myself into the car seat." It sometimes means "I'd like to try the long jump from the shopping cart into the car." It says "I'll get this shirt on by myself even if it kills me."
Brady is a boy of few words, but he has perfected MINE, with his basic definition meaning "back-off lady."
Therefore when I plan my day out, I plan it LOOSE-ly. We will get to the grocery store, but it could take 30 minutes to get dressed, and another 30 to get from the house, through the garage, one little sneak into the backyard, and then the grand finale...securing child safely in the car seat. But sometime today, we will get to the grocery store.
Ah, but isn't this just the way of it?? Mine. Mine. Mine. My stuff. My plan. My way. My kids. It's all God's stuff. I know it, He knows it....I think He wants me to acknowledge that it's all His, and I'm just a temporary steward of it. We have a death grip on our lives, even willing to pinch a finger in the process. God wants us to surrender it all and walk in the plan He has for us.
Wouldn't that be easier anyway? By the time Brady has run circles around the couch, arched his back in the car seat, kicked me in the gut, and cried a few buckets of tears, he's a bit spent! Dude..."help me...help you!" I wonder if God feels the same sometimes...let me help you!
I'm letting go of the word MINE. Whatever God has for my life, I'll trust that He knows best. And I'd like to do it with as little kicking and screaming as possible!
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
7 comments:
Awesome post!! Love the reminder that as much as we "say" it's all mine!, it's not one bit.
~Becca
reminds me of the scene in Finding Nemo with e birds. MINE,MINE,MINE,MINE,MINE,MINE...
God points, I am sure God would appreciate a little less kicking and screaming from us as well.
HA HA, yes!
I have a picture of Matthew pulling my shake container to himself and though you obviously can't hear it in the picture, everything about it screams, "MINE!" I so remember those days. I love the way you turn the attention to the ways I do the same thing to God. :)
Love this! I thin I get more lessons from God through my kiddos than I do the Bible.
Love this, April. Laughed and learned.
Who dat!!
Post a Comment