Some wives wouldn't tell the kind of stories about their husbands that I tell about mine, but these stories make me love Mark more, so I'm going for it. I hope I don't lose any "followers"...because that would take me from 6 to 3..big loss!
So Saturday afternoon, Mark and I are sitting in the yard, several of the girls' friends are over, we're grilling and talking and watching the kids play. The wind lifted my plate and one of my chips fell to the ground. Now we don't buy chips very often, so when we do, we buy the good stuff. We don't mess around with Baked Lays and such...these chips were Kettle Chips... barbecue!
So there's one GIANT chip laying on the ground, and I'm thinking about that chip, and I'm actually considering picking it up and eating it. It's a Kettle Chip people!!
Well while I'm still pondering the lonely chip, just barely grazing the top of the grass, Mark just leans over and picks up the chip and eats it! And so many emotions filled my mind....it was a mix between "I can't believe he just ate a chip off the ground"...to "how dare he, that was MY chip!" And just like that, the chip was gone. Mark just went right about his day, like he considered food on the ground fair game! I wished I had beat him to it. Thought about it all day, still thinking about it today, and it's Wednesday.
Now now now...if you're the mama of any of the girls who were at my house that day, calm down. The wind also blew one girl's hot dog down to the ground. I threw it away and got her a brand new hot dog. But this time she didn't want a bun, only the dog, so she totally could have eaten that dog, because only the bun hit the ground. But I didn't want her telling her friends at school that Taylor and Annika's mama made them eat a hot dog off of the ground. I would have totally made my girls eat it though. :)
Oh and this picture has nothing to do with this story, just thought it was cute...except for that silly Aggie hat :)
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whew! So glad you don't mind that I made Annika eat her pizza thta fell on the floor over here the other night! It's good to have THOSE kinds of friends!
Post a Comment