Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Facebook

I did NOT write this, just found it on the internet and thought it was funny.
I've been Facebook-free for 3 weeks now, and I've loved it!!  So here you go:

10 Reasons to Get Off Facebook:

  1. You are at a bar or club and you suddenly realise you recognize someone. You can’t figure out how and then it dawns on you… You have never met this person before, but have spent a considerable amount of time lookingat their facebook!facebook
  2. After meeting someone your conversation somehow leads to – “So, are you on Facebook?”
  3. You do not call people anymore, you post comments and send messages through facebook.
  4. You determine how cool people are by how many facebook pics they have.
  5. When you’re out with friends and you take a good picture you exclaim loudly, “That’s going on Facebook!”
  6. Conversations with friends tend to lead to, “Did you read that comment that she wrote on my wall?”
  7. You check your facebook as soon as you wake up, and right before you go to bed, including the 10 times you check it during the day.
  8. You know exactly how many pictures people have, so when you see the number change, you get excited!!
  9. You start off intending to check if you have new comments but find 2 HOURS LATER that you are still on and have no idea what you even accomplished during that time except stalk.
  10. You find yourself laughing (sadly) and agreeing as you read these,and you know you’re going to repost this for everyone else to see

6 comments:

Angel said...

Yep--true dat.

Barb said...

heh. :) And what's wrong with that exactly?

April said...

Barb, you're the person who had to create an alternative identity to safely navigate Facebook, funny for you to defend it now :)

Unknown said...

I found you!!! I found you!!! Now I get to still read your witty and hysterical writings!!!

Yay!!

BTW, I have found the FB to be hurtful and not good on self-esteem. I have really watched what I have been posting. Now if I can just stop checking it all the time........

~Becca

April said...

Thanks for finding me!!! Yes you're right, those are some of the reasons I needed a break!

Jill said...

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!