I was suddenly convicted of my vanity when I was reading that article. I feel like I'm wasting my gift of sight. How sad. I wake up in the morning and study my fine lines and wrinkles...oh there's one, well that's a new one, the serum isn't working on that one...oh there's one more...30 minutes later...OK done, yep, all still there! Get over yourself April! Why am I wasting my gift of sight on myself? The little things that consume me would mean nothing if I was facing blindness.
I'd like to see differently. See myself as a daughter of the King, beautiful and precious to God. Rejoice over a box of crayons....according to the internet, and therefore must be true, Crayola has 133 different colors! Make eye contact with my kids more. See what God sees in people, and not just what I see on the outside. Stand in awe when I see the ocean, the mountains, and the stars in the sky at night! Click my heels with the leprechauns when I see a rainbow. Gaze at the sunset. Smile when I see the baby fingerprints on my windows.Thank you God for the gift of sight!
5 comments:
Other people's stories really do help put things in perspective, don't they?
Amen sista!
Love this! You would think with the scare I had with my hearing that I wouldn't take it--or any of my other senses--for granted. I honestly crave the days when I would put my Baha in and be amazed at the difference. Wish I knew how to hold onto that and embrace it daily.
What a reality check this morning! Thanks!!
~Becca
This has nothing to do with sight....but there's a little boy that is supposed to throw out the first pitch Saturday at our opening ceremonies...if he's well enough. He's a kindergartener...with a brain tumor. Ugh. Makes me realize how blessed we are, that our little people are healthy. =( and the story I read yesterday about a 9 year old who risked her own life to save her sister, lost her leg and kidney in the process. =(
Post a Comment