I have a shoe problem. Oh no, it' not the shoe problem that other women have. I'm NOT the woman with shelves and shelves of multi-colored shoes for every occasion. Most women would be bored with my closet.
Here's my shoe problem...when I see a lady in Easy Spirits or Dr. Scholls, I am insanely jealous! I am jealous of her. I am jealous of her feet. I want to BE her feet.
I want to live in a culture where a shoe simply provides a service, which according to Wikipedia, and therefore must be true, is intended to protect and comfort the human foot while doing various activities. Unfortunately for me, in America, a shoe is a decoration. Sigh. I've ruined a few good outfits by wearing the wrong shoes.
I just want my feet to be happy. Happy foot = happy April. I've had 2 surgeries on my left foot, and it still hurts, so these pedis aren't going into red sparkly stilettos. Yellow-box, red-box, Uggs, or Payless, I don't really care as long as they're comfortable.
My daughters, they are night and day in their personalities. One of them loves the fancy shoes! The other, she can be heading out to church in her Sunday best (which basically is just something clean), and she throws on a pair of hot pink crocs. I'm sorry girl, you got it honest.
Here's what I do know about shoes:
1) I thought a Barbie shoe was the tiniest shoe on the planet...until Polly Pockets came along...a Polly Pocket shoe is the tiniest shoe on the planet.
2) If you have ruby red slippers, you can click them 3 times and be home, just like that!
3) These boots are made for walking.
4) "My momma always said you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes, where the go, where they've been. I've worn lots of shoes, I bet if I think about it real hard I can remember my first pair of shoes."
5) Gum. On the bottom of my shoe. Enough said.
6) I don't care how ugly they are, but Crocs are a bit of heaven to my feet.
7) I spent a couple of months in Bangkok...taking off your shoes at the front door is the best idea ever...you can't lose them that way.
8) When I was little, I put on my "Be Like Jesus" shoes. I know this, because it's on tape.
9) A new pair of cowboy boots would last me from now until the day I ease into Easy Spirits. Some types of shoes are just better than others.
10) And of course, don't judge until you've walked a mile in her shoes. Unless they're heels.
So this mama is waiting for the sale, and if I have a spring in my step next time you see me.....well I just might have me some new shoes!

4 comments:
You still look sexy in Easy Spirits..
I have a coupon for $20 off at DSW just waiting to be used. Of course, I'm so not hip and cool I doubt I'll end up with cute shoes. They'll be functional...and $20 off. :)
Oh, girl! Right there with you on the comfort! Haveyou ever s een my shoes? Sundays, I usually have on the worst--I'm in tennis shoes or some other kind of loafer with lots of support. I even broke down and bought a pair of Naturalizer sandals last summer, that I will be pulling out of the closet soon. Ross is my favorite shoe-buying place--I get some great shoes at even better prices!
I'm reading old posts so excuse the tardy comment...but I just wanted to remind you of your brand new first pair of cowboy boots. You were so excited to wear them to Bolton right after Christmas break. And when you got pulled over for speeding in the school zone, you tried to talk your way out of the ticket by blaming the excess speed on lack of control due to your new cowboy boots. This made me laugh...it still does. lol
Post a Comment