Friday, February 25, 2011

Sandwich Smandwich

So I just don't consider a sandwich to be a meal.  If anything, it's a snack.  Maybe one night per month, I tell the family, "let's just make a sandwich."

That was the case last night.  We had to be at the school at 6, so we made sandwiches.

This was my sandwich:
SandwichThins bread
3 pieces of ham
1 slice of pepperjack cheese
Spinach
Mayo

I tried to make it gourmetish (hence the pepperjack cheese), but I was left unsatisfied.  My stomach was growling within 5 minutes.

Which led to a huge bowl of cereal right before bed.

In fact, I'm still hungry this morning, even after breakfast, due to being so deprived for dinner last night!  As I type, I'm getting more angry that I even put myself through that! I will never never ever ever again eat a sandwich for dinner!

Thank you for letting me vent....what about you?  Is a sandwich a meal or a snack?

3 comments:

Angel said...

It's a meal for me, but only lunch--I can't eat sandwiches for dinner. And even at lunch, I have to have chips with it.

Kayla said...

A sandwich is a meal. We had Subway for dinner last night. That's a sandwich. Strictly speaking, hamburgers are sandwiches, and sloppy Joe's, grilled cheese, BLTs... I think you need to expand your sandwich mind.

April said...

Expanded sandwiches, yes. I'm talking the kind you make at home withOUT all the Subway options! Turkey burgers, yes, once a week at our house!!