Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Mean Mama on the Block

Every time the girls have a friend spend the night, I always think "oh she's never going to want to come back!". Let's just face it...God didn't make me one of those "cool" moms.  The ones who have a "rainy day kit" in the closet for, well, for rainy days.  The one who crafts, and bakes, and plays Red Rover Red Rover in the backyard.

I say "no", and I say "no" alot.
I said "no" when they all asked for candy at 9:00 this morning.
I said "no" when they started dragging all the stuffed animals into the yard.
I said "get out" when they went into Brady's room and started emptying his dresser of all the blankets.

Around 10 or 11 last night, I yelled upstairs to shut their traps.
At 6:00 am this morning, I yelled up there again that I don't want to hear another giggle before the sun comes up!

Right now, I'm wondering if she's telling her mom how mean I am. When I told her her dad was here to pick her up, was her "sigh" one of sadness, or relief?

Oh, and I didn't offer to cut off any crusts at lunch...but then I heard her whispering to Taylor that she doesn't like crusts.

Just keeping it real people!

Oh so how did they fill the time?? They were outside this morning at 8:00 am and I hardly saw them again .  I watched them play with buckets of dirt, and sand, and water.  That's how the chillins of the mean mamas play!  You want to send your kids over?

2 comments:

Angel said...

LOVE IT!!!! I notice your girls haven't asked to come over to my house again, either--I'm the other mean mom. Also love that you have blogged 3 times in less than a week! I'm getting m April-fix!

April said...

Oh you know they would be there in a second!