One night, after washing my face, studying all the "fine lines and wrinkles", over-dosing on the serum and other anti-aging products promising to turn back the time, and plucking out a few gray hairs, I went to bed feeling really bummed out that I am aging. Now please, I don't want to hear the "oh I'm 45, you're just a baby" stuff. When you realize Sister Wrinkle has arrived, it hits you kinda hard, so just let me wallow in it for a bit!
So I actually fell asleep thinking about it, I'm not saying that I did, and I'm not saying that I didn't, graze my pillow with a few pity tears.
So wasn't it just so God-like that my daily Bible verse that arrived by email the next morning was this:
Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4
HA HA HA!
So friends, if you ever think that God doesn't hear the rumblings of your heart, no matter how insignificant they seem to the rest of the world...he does! And he answers them with his word!
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amen
Oh April....that's funny. I've felt that way about my marriage lately.....and funny that in the middle of this mess I'm in...I've been surrounded by marriage sermons popping up.
April-
I just read this post today and I was saying "Amen sister" and this was my daily devotion: http://www.d365.org/todaysdevotion/.
Ha,ha. God sure gets his point across.
Post a Comment