Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's Been Awhile

437! It was 437 days ago that I last added to this blog. MY blog. I certainly have had plenty to talk about, I just can't make myself sit down and do it in the form of complete sentences.

BUT....I have backed away from Facebook. I have many reasons for doing that...I don't think I'll list those out here...but I came to a point where I felt I needed to do that. Oh my account is still there....b/c just in case the girl I sat next to in the 4th grade wants to track me down, I don't want to deny her that opportunity! I'll re-visit Facebook sometime in the future. But for the moment, I am locked out. Mark alone knows the new password...but now that I think about it, what are the chances that he'll remember my new password?? So there, maybe I'm locked out forever!

About 5-7 people have called, texted, or emailed this week to say "I can't live without you, please say something!". Thank you 5-7 people! I can't live without you either! And instead of talking to 300+ people at one time, I've been able to talk to each of you one-on-one. I love it!

But the truth is that I still have so many unused words! The research varies, but just believe me when I say that a woman has thousands of words she needs to use everyday. Being a stay at home mom, to a BOY, my words usually sound like this:

NO!
Get down!
Put the scissors down!
Come here!
No!
You're poopy? Again?
I don't have a life!
You're hungry? Go look under your high chair, there's a whole meal down there.
What's the number to poison control?
Only 11:00?? Dad will be home in 7 hours.
Mark when will you be home????
Vee numbah of vee day es 6.
I love you, you love me.
NO.

And so I don't know if anyone still reads this blog, but it seemed a fine place for today to get some of my unused words out.

6 comments:

Mark S said...

I loved it and laughed out loud. It makes me smile to read your writing. I love you and you are the best mom and wife.
No.. Brady.. let mom read this..

Jill said...

Oh April...you crack me up. Miss you. Am I included in the 5-7 people who've checked on you? =)

Angel said...

YAY!!!!! So glad you are blogging again! Love this post! As much as I miss your fb updates, I think this is even better!

Barb said...

and just let me remind you that YOU are one of the ones who harassed me into getting back on FB! However, that being said, i totally understand the need to get off, and though I may tease you about it, know that I support you. :) We need a martini night!!

Unknown said...

I have so missed your blogging! I am glad you are posting again....finally...something I can do! It is so much easier to me than FB....which I seldom check. I know I have missed alot by not checking it, but will be much better at this...so simple!
Lynn (MIL)

Kayla said...

I would have known you were blogging again if you have posted it on FB.