Monday, January 29, 2007

Getting the Girls to Eat


My kids really aren't too big on sandwiches, but I've learned that if I change the name, and the tone of my voice, they'll eat it. Here you're looking at the The Ultimate PB and the The Ultimate PB Extreme. The Ultimate PB has peanut butter, honey, and bananas, and the Extreme has those things plus raisins. Then when I bring them their plates, I change my voice into some kind of announcer type voice, and say "Coming up, one ultimate PB, and one ultimate PB extreme!" And they laugh, and think they're really getting a gourmet meal, and eat it up! Oh, before you try this trick at home, note that it doesn't work with most vegetables. =)

3 comments:

velvet said...

What a creative mom, you are. Scott makes triple decker pb&j's. I just say "EAT IT!"

SunJane said...

I'm going to try the announcer voice tomorrow. And the bananas and honey.

Jill said...

April you crack me up! I feel I'm depriving my kids of something that's good for them, that is, the peanut butter. I can barely make myself even buy them, much less actually cut them up and feed them to my kids. Mason likes them though, and eats Mom and Dad's when he's there!