Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Will Not Go!

For years, I have beaten myself up for either 1) Not having a gym membership, or 2) Having a gym membership and not going (this is the current situation). I am not spending another day feeling guilty. Below I have listed a few things that I will count as exercise, and a few other reasons why I shouldn't go:

1) I RUN through the house. Sometimes it's b/c Annika has decided to poop in the bathroom right outside of Mark's office, and she' yelling "Mom, I poo poo, come wipe me". So I'm trying to get there as fast as I can so that Mark's clients don't wonder what's going on. Lots of calories burned here.

2) Laundry, this works my arms big time. Especially if you let it pile up for a week or so. The longer it sits in my bathroom, the heavier the basket gets, which results in a better arm workout.

3) Dance Sister Dance! We're always moving, dancing while we're brushing our teeth, fixing lunch, picking up toys, etc. Now I'm not saying that I can dance, b/c I can't, I'm just talking about moving in such a way to burn calories and make the kids laugh.

4) A friend this past weekend told me that he took his girls to the gym, and waited 45 minutes to get them checked into the childcare. And then he waited for another 15 minutes to get on a treadmill. Now I don't know about you, but if I have to wait in a line anywhere, I'll get hungry, and I'm likely to ditch the whole thing and run to Krispy Kreme.

5) My gym doesn't have childcare. Which means point #4 didn't actually apply to me, but is an even bigger reason why I can't go to the gym.

6) Mark doesn't go, so I don't want to make him feel like a slacker. Sacrifice, I know!


Hmmm, I actually thought I could come up with a few more reasons. This is definitely not enough to justify the $50 that comes out of my account every month, but only for like 8 more months! OK, I'll go, but only ONCE a week.

4 comments:

velvet said...

This is hilarious. Love #4. They closed down our Krispy Kreme, saving me a pant size or two! You should market this workout regimen. It would sell because you look great!

Jill said...

I too, was paying a gym membership and not going. I haven't had to wait 45 minutes for childcare yet, but would think that would be a workout in itself, holding 2 children in one place that long. I am actually paying my gym $7 a month so they won't cancel my account, making me have to pay sign up fees if I decide to go back. I keep thinking, one of these days, I'm going to be motivated to go back....so I just hold onto the membership for that day! Probably closer to summer when I want to look better in shorts!

SunJane said...

I like the laundry one!

Heidi McKee said...

Here's another one, my friend brought her son to the gym, and he got his eye poked big time while he was being baby sat. Plus, vacuuming while holding a kid in a back pack should count for at least 1.2 miles on a tread meal--right?~