Sunday, January 14, 2007

Bonding

The girls have reached a new level of bonding...they go to the bathroom together. I'll hear them in there using the bathroom, and talking and giggling. Yesterday they even had to poop at the same time.
These girls are seriously attached at the hip. It's so neat. But I can't help but feeling sad when I look ahead to the fall when Taylor will start kindergarten, and Annika will have 2 years at home without her big sister. They are only 17 months apart, but the way that their birthdays fall will put them 2 years apart in school. Annika will be lost. And will Taylor make new friends and be too big to play with her little sister? I guess I'll cross that bridge when we get to it, and for now, just enjoy what they have now.

2 comments:

Mark S said...

I will Pray that the both of you will always remember that one of the best gift's God gave you, is a friend that is your sister.
Love
Dad

velvet said...

Going poop together? That is serious bonding. Can't think of anyone I'd want to do that with. That event is deserves a scrapbook page (if you had one!). Some memories need to be preserved for future use!