I can't believe I forgot to post this, b/c it was such a big event! My little independent Annika had refused to potty-train. She has known how to go potty since way back in the spring, 7 or 8 months ago. She could both poop and tinkle. I promised her everything I could imagine. I told her we would take her to Chuck E Cheese if she would stay dry for 3 days. I bought
her a lovely princess nightgown, she just had to stay dry to get it. At one point I even told her we would go to the Disney store and she could pick out anything she wanted (kinda glad this didn't work out). Taylor was potty-trained in just a few days, when she was 2, so I just assumed Annika would do the same. But no, she could sit in a poopy diaper ALL day, and it didn't bother her a bit. So I finally gave up and figured she would figure it out eventually, the pressure was making it worse, and I was tired of spending money on the pull-ups, and we put her back in diapers (Kroger brand, she wasn't getting the luxury of wearing name-brand any longer). So it went on like this for awhile, I was fine, she was fine. So then she turned 3 (oh my gosh, I can't believe I've got a 3 year old still wearing diapers!) F
or Christmas, I slipped some new Ariel panties into her stocking, to see what she would do. Well what do you know, she just decided she would start wearing them and using the potty, and she hasn't put on a diaper since! Crazy! She did have one accident a couple of days ago, but I'm not complaining about that. I'm still a little scared that she's going to change her mind and go back to the diapers, I guess maybe I need to hide the remaining diapers so that there's no turning back! Way to go Annika! Oh, and we did take her to Chuck E Cheese on Saturday...even Nona, Grandma & Grandpa, and Aunt Courtney were there for the celebration!
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YEA ANNIKA! I think being potty trained is my favorite milestone.
Sounds like it's time for #3.
Yay Annika! Now can you teach Mattie for me? I was actually thinking Mattie was going to be teaching you before long! =)
Congrats Annika from Daddy!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment