
This bird has been perched on her nest in the tree outside of Taylor's room for about 6 days (well that's when we first noticed her, I'm not sure how long she was there before we saw her). We have had flooding rain for most of those days, and she still hasn't moved.
Endurance huh??? But tonight we were out in the yard, and Taylor just couldn't keep her distance any longer, and she ran up and shook the branch! The bird freaked out, so we quickly went inside so she could settle back down into her nest, and we gave Taylor a little lesson about how moms protect their babies, and they get really scared when they think their babies are in danger, etc. I'll keep watching to see if I can get a picture of the babies when they arrive.

This is just a picture of the girls taking a walk in the rain, and this other picture is of 2 of the many bunnies that live in our neighborhood and eat our flowers (although somehow they have missed our yard so far this summer, but last year they thought it was the buffet). They ate every single petunia in my parents' yard.
7 comments:
Oh how sweet! (Except the shaking of the branches). The babies will be coming soon! I don't think birds take that long to hatch. It kind of looked like a dove, but now I can't remember what the picture looked like!
And I love the rain pictures! Whew hew!!
Yes, definitely a Mourning Dove. It says they hatch in about 2 weeks.
Endurance, God teaches us using all of his creation.
Jill is educated, man. Love Taylor's outfit. Do they make that in our size?
We have a whole family of rabbits living under our porch. I think our neighbors are annoyed that we haven't done anything about it. The babies are so cute though.
Very trendy kids huh? Annika is wearing 2 different shades of pink, and Taylor still busts out the gauchos from 2 summers ago.
What's wrong with their outfits? I never even noticed :) Are you sick of the rain or what? Where's the sun? We had a baby bird hatch last year, we watched if fall from the tree and everything trying to fly. It was amazing and VERY educating...better than the National Geographic Channel. You're girls are cuties..where/when is #3??
You are so great at posting! What a sweet birthday party you had!
Post a Comment