Thursday, May 3, 2007

Cruising!

Lots of pics below, beware! We attended an insurance convention last week, which just happened to be held on a cruise ship, for 4 nights. You gotta love that! For me, when I hear the word "vacation", I immediately think beach/ocean. I love it. When I see water just going on for miles and miles, I realize how big God is! I remember that song from a few years ago (the one they played 8 million times per day, as well as at every wedding, funeral, etc), called "I Hope You Dance", but I always think of the line..."I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean". Well I do!! It's peaceful, it's beautiful, I love it!

Our only stop on this cruise was Cozumel. BEAUTIFUL. The water is crystal clear and calm, and full of thousands of multi-colored fish, breathtaking!! I wish we would have had a few days here before getting back on the ship.
Well the pics are below. The girls had a great time. We had actually been on this ship back in August for another convention, so the girls remembered everything about it, especially where Camp Carnival was located.


This is Funship Freddy. Taylor couldn't wait to get on the ship to dance with Freddy. It appears she might be break-dancing here. I guess she doesn't know that went out of style a few years back.


Us, and Mark's parents, after the Freddy dance-fest.








Posing with the towel creature. Each night we looked forward to seeing what Felicia would do with the towels.





Breakfast on the deck with Grandpa.








View of the sunrise from our balcony...few things prettier than this!!






Swimming on the ship





On land! Here's our ship docked in Cozumel.






Here we are. Check out the clear water behind us!







Annika was on a very intense search for shells. We managed to make it all the way back to Dallas with a bucket full of shells. And they are all so unique!





Putt-putt on the top deck of the ship. Not really keeping score here, with the wind up there, the balls just roll around.






Mark and the girls at dinner. You can't imagine how much fun the girls had with the large selection of silverware...8 knives, 3 forks, 17 spoons, bread plate, cloth napkins...not really sure what to do with all of them, so we just made music =)




Mark and I at the final insurance meeting.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Ok, I know we aren't supposed to be jealous, but I am! I would have loved to have been there with ya'll! It looks like ya'll had a great time! And it is so beautiful! What great pictures!!

Heidi McKee said...

WOW!!!! ditto on the jealous thing! How did the girls do? The pics are great, felt like I was there! Thanks for sharing and causing us to covet! :)

threegirlsandamom said...

I think Taylor must have picked up some dance moves from her father. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Makes me want to go on a cruise...

Jill said...

Ok, just looking at the pictures again, and the picture of the girls in front of the towel creature......that has to be the cutest smile ever from Annika. So cute!

velvet said...

True ...Annika's smile in that pic is adorable, but Taylor doesn't seem near as enthused! Looks like a fun trip with familiar babysitters. Can't beat that!

Mark S said...

Nothing like Insurance Crusing.

SunJane said...

How weird that we were in the Yucatan just days later! Isn't the water amazing! Hilarious with the towel creature, we have similar poses. However, our Yolanda noticed Gwen's amazement at her work and once we got rose petals added to our swan towel sculpture! Yep, I know your jealous.