I've had this feeling for a few days that I don't have anything significant floating around in my mind b/c I've been out of the Word for a few weeks, just busy, traveling, and lazy. You know you go for awhile reading and studying the Bible on a regular basis, and then you get off track, and you have to work to get back there. Maybe I'll check out a verse here and there to make me feel better about something, but not going very deep. I miss that.
In times when we're not feeling so close to God, we do other things to fill the void. One thing we do is idolize our kids. We run them here and there, take pictures of it all, blog about it all of course, and we FILL the time, but even they don't fulFILL us. Only knowing and loving Jesus fills that place. Now don't get me wrong, they bring me MUCHO happiness, but expecting them to fill a void that only Jesus can fill puts way too much pressure on those little beings.
So here I go, back into the Word of God! My church, Bent Tree Bible Fellowship, as a church we started reading through the New Testament together. Did you know that if you read one chapter per day, you read the whole new testament in a year? So we're reading one chapter each day, and journaling our thoughts and prayers... well let me just say that I got off track somewhere along the way, I'm still somewhere in the gospels!
Alright, well since I'm posting, I should go ahead and talk about those 2 little girls that bring me mucho happiness....first of all, they finally learned to swim! Yes! They started off swim lessons a little shaky, but by Friday, they were swimming! We're thankful for our darling little neighbor Kade who we go to the pool with quite a bit...the girls took lessons with him last summer, and he got it. Well when we started again this summer, they asked if Kade was going, and I said no, he had learned to swim last summer so he doesn't have to take lessons again. So the peer pressure was on to swim with Kade, and it worked.
Secondly, Taylor graduated from preschool today! I can't believe that I've been a mom long enough to be sending a child to kindergarten, but I have. 
I will treasure this summer with her.
4 comments:
Yes, I got off track with The Journey too. I felt like I was just doing it because I was supposed to be, then I'd get behind, and now I'm so far behind I don't even know where I'm supposed to be.
Those are cute pictures of Taylor! How sweet!
Ditto on the dry spell, but Praise God He puts His word in our hearts and the Holy Spirit brings it up when we are in the dry spells. Great pics of Taylor. My baby graduated too. They are growing way tooooo fast!
Love the random thoughts. Congrats to Taylor on the big graduation!
I do not know much else to say other than I Love you and the girls and I am proud of what you do.
Post a Comment