Well I see it's been about a week since I posted, where does the time go??? So let me just say that the dove is still in the tree. We have had some major storms, a few days back, it was so windy, the neighbor's huge blow-up pool blew up and over their fence and down the alley. Some trees were uprooted that day too. So I go to check on the bird, she's still hanging on. She just sits there, day after day. I commented to Mark, "doesn't she get bored?". He joked, "no, humans are the only ones who get bored with their kids." Right on Mark, you can only have so many conversations about colors, Elmo, what the other sibling is doing wrong, snacks, etc, in one day! And by the way, where is father bird??? I don't see him hanging around the tree, nurturing those eggs.
Well I'll keep looking out for those babies. We're heading out of town this week, so if they don't hatch soon, we'll miss it.
Monday, June 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Funny. Where is father bird? That is a good question. Maybe Jill knows!
Haha Velvet! Looks like the babies' daddy flew the coop!
"Both sexes incubate, the male from morning to afternoon, and the female at night and the rest of the day. Mourning Doves are devoted parents; nests are very rarely left unattended by their parents."
Hmmm. Are you looking at the eggs mostly during the morning? or evening? Maybe you are seeing the male and female, and just can't tell the difference.
Wow, I can't there might be 2 different birds out there! If there is any difference in them, I haven't noticed. Amazing! All this time I thought the father had deserted her, now it turns out that he is a modern-day dad, equally sharing the parenting responsibilities.
Mark said he did notice another dove in the area, that must be the other parent.
How could she get bored, sitting comfortable, no talking back, no diapers, no pb&j's...just peaceful meditating on God's great creation...I loved this post...keep us posted :)
Yes, I don't see boredom either. Just peace. Like when I actually get the chance to ride in the car without the kids, I don't even listen to the radio. I just sit quietly, and enjoy my peaceful drive. It's so rare!
Post a Comment