Monday, February 12, 2007

Simple Tools



This post makes me realize how simple my life really is. I'm going to tell you about my 2 favorite things in my house, and you'll laugh at what they are. The first product is one I've had for quite a while, and it made my life so much easier! We have tons of sweaters that we can't dry in the dryer. I never could find the right place for them. I would hang them over the shower curtain rods, but the really heavy ones (like Mark's sweaters) would sometimes pull the curtain rods down, and in the middle of the night, we would hear a big bang, so Mark grabs the bat, I would grab a can of hairspray, and off we go through the night to find the intruder. Rather than an intruder, we would find the curtain rod had crashed to the floor, with the sweaters on the floor too. So anyway, I went to Target, and found a 3-story sweater dryer, pictured above, and I can't tell you how much I love this thing!!! I seriously love it! It usually stays in the laundry room, always ready for sweaters, the girls tights, etc. In this picture, I had to move it out to the living room to get some air, but it normally lives in the laundry room.

My new favorite thing is a feather duster than I ordered from Fly Lady. It's made with Ostrich feathers supposedly, and supposedly the dust clings to it, but I love it b/c it's so stinkin pretty!! It's black, with a few bright purple feathers mixed in, and it makes dusting fun! I think the idea would be to start with a clean house, and then just keep the dust picked up everyday with the duster, but I just give it to the girls and they go to down with the dusting! Fun! We've got so much dust, there's seriously something wrong with this house I think.

5 comments:

Mark S said...

That's great, now i should expect the house to be clean all time. Way to go April. Your the best!

velvet said...

Where in the world do you wear all those sweaters? You live in Texas! I think my kids have 2 sweaters each. Sad, huh?

Heidi McKee said...

You CRACK me up...who else orders a feather duster from the internet?!

threegirlsandamom said...

I wouldn't want to get that pretty feather duster dirty with actual dust, maybe you should just set it out so it looks like you clean...

Jill said...

I like Jenni's idea! It is cute. I use one of those swiffer things, even in the car! But I don't use it very often, Mason probably uses it more than me. It is very cute though April, a nice little centerpiece!