Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Miley

So the world is in a tizzy this week over the Miley Cyrus "topless" photos! Why is this shocking? How long did you think it would take for her to be lured in? Maybe she wasn't making enough money by just playing cute? HA! I think it's sad that adults put "kids" in that position, feeling posing sexually is the next best thing for them. Fortunatlely, my girls haven't gotten into the Hannah Montanna rage, so we were spared this time (not that they would be reading Vanity Fair anyway). What about the photo of her posing weirdly with her dad? That one grossed me out even more, for those who know my dad, can you see us posing like that?? http://www.hollywoodgrind.com/miley-cyrus-vanity-fair-pictures/

But here's my point...I read this on my friend Ali's blog a few weeks ago, wondering if Hannah Montanna would one day let her girls down, and so I'm going to steal it. Who are the best role models for our girls? WE ARE. I'm going to start a new line of clothing, instead of Hannah Montanna, it will just say "MAMA". Think it will sell??

Here's an excerpt from Ali's blog:
I try to think of who would make a good role model for my daughters? Who can help them see their own beauty? Then it dawns on me. Me. I am the one that God has given to them to show them how to be a woman of character. Not Miley Cirus, not Ashley Tisdale, certainly not Britney Spears. Its me. It is up to me to teach them to be confident yet humble. Beautiful yet modest. That’s a lot of pressure for someone who is still trying to figure those things out myself. I hope they look at me and think I’m the most amazing thing ever. I hope I don’t let them down.

3 comments:

Mark S said...

April I echo your thoughts...I will buy te shirt "MAMA"

I know you are the best role model for our girls and I would not want anyone else doing the job. I will be there right next to you to help with that task.
I love you and keep up the good work.
DADDY

velvet said...

Yuck! Who told her that looked cute? She looks like a dead person. I was wondering what all of the hype was about. Thanks for the 411.

Jill said...

Man, how'd I miss this. Me and Buck were just discussing Miley the other day, and how long it'd take her to do something like this. His guess was much earlier than mine. How truly sad. I really thought I was going to like her. =(

And, yes, the father daughter thing, weird. April, I'll make an appt. for us to get our photos. YUck! Blah!!!!!!!!!