Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Stubborn


Annika is one of the most stubborn kids ever. This story doesn't even begin to cover it, but I just thought it was funny. We were all upstairs, and we decided we were going downstairs. Annika starts screaming at me "pick me up, carry me downstairs, I can't walk!!!", over and over (she just likes to make me carry her places). I told her no, I had stuff in my hands, she could walk down just like everyone else. She keeps screaming, "I can't walk, carry me down". It went on forever. Mark and Taylor went outside to play. I started getting dinner ready. It crossed my mind to go and get her, but I reminded myself "No, I am the alpha dog!"

So after quite some time, I hear a little bottom scooting across the kitchen floor. To prove to me that she couldn't walk, she had scooted on her bottom all the way down the stairs, through the playroom, through the family room, and into the kitchen, and was just sitting there looking at me. She just had to prove her point, that she was NOT going to walk down those stairs, but since she "couldn't" walk, she was willing to scoot down to get herself out of the predicament.
I remind myself that this strong-willed personality will be a blessing to her someday!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

oh my! That sounds like something Addie would do!

Heidi McKee said...

I love it! And you're right about the blessing. Strong willed personalities change the world, and with your guiding--it will be changed for the best!

Jill said...

Well if strong willed personalities change the world, our family is full of "world changers!!" Heehee!

I love you Annika! You crack me up!!

Jill said...

And I just wanted to add how much I love what Annika was choosing to wear at the time of that picture! How funny!

Tasha said...

I just thought I had a strong willed one - Wow! Were you just cracking up?

SunJane said...

I'm soo glad I don't have the only 3 yr old who wants to be carried everywhere through the house. Love her mis-matched shoes. That girl really hit a soft spot with me when you all visited.

Mark S said...

Stay Strong Alpha Dog!