Taylor: Hey, my dad has a COOL car! We get to ride in it sometimes.
Friend: Like what?? A Hummer??
Taylor: No, it's an old green Oldsmobile, and the a/c doesn't work, so we get to ride with the windows down!!!!!
Friend: Dude, that's not cool. That means you can't afford a new car.
Taylor: No way, it's cool! You mean your air works and you never get to roll down your windows?? What a bummer!!
So down the road they go, all just as happy as can be! They jam out to the Cofield CD (a great band that has disappeared off of the face of the earth). I love those happy people!
In other news, Taylor starts school this week. On Friday, I watched the clock, like I was waiting for Y2K or something. I'm not sure what I thought was going to happen at 5:30, when I had to take her to the school to "Meet the Teacher", but I was so nervous. No big deal to her, even with 6 kinder classes, she managed to end up with 1 friend, 2 neighbors, and 1 former classmate in her class.
Tomorrow we head to the school, but only for a couple of hours, and then the first full day is Tuesday. I didn't get the girls to bed tonight until 10:30. Supermom huh?? We'll get out of summer mode eventually!
Fun stuff...I taught the girls how to line up the dominoes and knock them down (I can't believe I haven't taught them this before now). Here they are knocking them down.
5 comments:
We had a car with no a/c growing up. My cousins were always jealous of us because we could also get in and out through the window like the Dukes of Hazard. Their mom had a nice ride, so they were forbidden! Good times! Your girls will remember that forever and be so sad if you ever get rid of the "cool" ride.
Only kids can be that creative and think the best of a bummer situation. Of course they don't want you to fix it!
How cute, and I'm sure the conversation at school will be much different in kindergarten: Something like, "cool! can I come over and ride with you, my mom won't let us breath in ours, or eat, or drink..." How fun. Can't wait for first day updates. How fun!
That is funny!!
Then we they get bigger, they'll be so embarrassed, kind of like Dad's old brown car!!
I got the a/c fixed the other day just needed freon.... I think I will keep the windows rolled down. I still only have 1 window that rolls down in the back so we still will get to switch positions to and from the house.
"when the stars come out, i feel alright when I think about why they shine" cofield.
Post a Comment