Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First Day of Kindergarten


Taylor's first day of kindergarten was yesterday, that seems like weeks ago now!! When I walked through the doors of that school Tuesday morning, I thought I was going to throw-up, and I felt the floodgates of tears about to come. I had to pull myself together very quickly, b/c I knew that if even one single tear escaped, it was all over! Taylor was so excited to get to school, no tears for her! Me and Annika (and Mark too) just moped around for most of the day. Annika and I just sat on the couch for like 3 hours and watched TV. I had to keep reminding myself that is all part of the process...having kids, teaching them, leading them, and letting them go to kindergarten (against my wishes of course), knowing God loves her more than I do. Those 5 years of having her at home with me just went way too fast, but I'm SO excited to see how she grows and learns over the next few years. My #1 prayer for her is that she will love and serve the Lord passionately. I'll sure miss her at home.
So here's some pics..



Here's daddy and his girls...notice Annika is carrying a "bapbap" too...I think she thought she was staying.


Taylor outside of her door, ready to go!



One last group hug!



In her seat, wondering why we're still standing at the door.

And so what did Taylor say about the first day? When she first jumped in the car, I asked her about her day, she said "I want to go through the lunch line tomorrow...they had brownies and ice cream". So we're pitching the lunch bag and eating at school tomorrow!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Ok that was sweet and sad, made me cry actually. It's hard for me to believe Taylor's in Kindergarten (even though Mason's in Kindergarten too). She looks so grown up, but too small to be so grown up! Aunt Jill loves you Taylor!

Mark S said...

I love you girl. Letting go is hard but I know the Lord loves you and I pray that you will love him back and let him guide you.
I love you Daddy!

Heidi McKee said...

How sweet...gotta read Jen Yarb's blog..She's been there done that and helped me out a ton. Can you believe are babies are in kindergarten! Your family is beautiful~

Tasha said...

They're growing up on us! I'm so glad she's having a wonderful kindergarten experience!

Natalie said...

I'm glad it went so well! I was praying for you all!