Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Running on "Flesh"
Running on "flesh", or some people say "running on empty"...that's the kind of day we had yesterday. It's when I try to do everything in my own power (and I usually fail miserably), rather than surrendering the day to God and his spirit which lives within me. I went to bed way too late, which means that I was late waking up, and hit the ground running without taking even a second to speak to God. The whole morning was chaotic, I yelled at everyone, we were late for school, etc. At one point yesterday, I called out to Taylor "if you don't come over here, I'm going to cut your hair!" What??? The whole room got silent...Mark looked at me like I had finally lost it...Annika just kept eating her food so that she wouldn't get her curls cut off...and Taylor, she really didn't know what to do, so she just started laughing hysterically..Thank goodness for that, that allowed me to laugh it off too to make them think I was kidding, rather than losing my mind. Crazy that I let my life get to that point and then cry out to God "help me!!", rather than at the beginning of my day saying "Fill me up Jesus, with your perfect love, so that those fruits of the spirit mentioned in the Bible, the love, joy, peace, patience, you know, those things that I can't produce on my own, can flow out in abundance to the people that I love." Thank you God that I don't have to do this on my own, because I can't, but your spirit in me can!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I Love You April!
Mark
love that post.......and really laughed hard and out loud about the cutting Taylor's hair. I can totally hear you yelling something crazy like that too. miss ya
Post a Comment