I LOVE getting Christmas cards! Our mail usually arrives between 4 & 6 p.m. (although we've gotten it as late as 8...I blame this on the traffic in Frisco). So during December, we are perched by the front window from about 3:45 until the mail arrives, at which point we run out to the box to retrieve our cards. If Mark even tries to open one, he might lose a hand..I get the first peek!! B/c like my friend Jenni was saying last night, we need to see what kind of labels they used, did they use Christmas stamps, are they hand-written or did they use a label, etc.
I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone to takes a second to send us a Christmas card! We love you so much. We hang every one of them up on a big long string, and I stare at them, and think of you, everyday. I love seeing how your kids have grown during the year, and even for those of you who I see on a regular basis, I love seeing how you got your kids dressed up and posed for a picture. The cards stay up on our wall until March or so, and then I take them down and put them in an album, and me and the girls look at it throughout the year, it helps them put faces and names together.
And for the real troopers, those who send the letters (Armstrongs, Otts, Boswells), I really enjoyed reading those, I miss you all!
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's true I almost lost my hand...
Post a Comment