Thursday, December 7, 2006

The Christmas Season





Well we are 7 days into December, and we are loving every minute of it. I LOVE the Christmas season...the lights, the decorations, the crowds, the cookies, the cookies, the cookies, the parties, the church services...I wish we had a few more weeks of it so we could do everything we would like to do. I wasn't always so "into" Christmas. It happened 3 Christmases ago when Annika was born. We brought her home from the hospital 1 week before Christmas. And when I was holding this precious little baby, I couldn't help but think of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and wonder what was going through her head as she held Jesus. Knowing that her little baby was the SAVIOR. Her baby was the one who would die on the cross to save people that they didn't even know...was she proud? scared? in awe? I love the song "Mary Did You Know?" Well of course I'm not Mary, but just having a Christmas baby made the REAL reason we celebrate Christmas, the birth of Jesus, so clear to me, and we make Jesus the focus of our season. I must add that when Jesus was almost 3, as Annika is now, Mary probably said "Are you SURE? THIS kid?" We know how toddlers are!

Well being so "into" Christmas, this morning as I was making the girls' lunches to take to Mother's Day Out, it occurred to me that I will probably win "mom of the year" for the lunches I sent with today (I hope this will make up for the fact that I do NOT scrapbook...I made it to 3 months in Taylor's book, and I don't even think Annika has a book). But anyway, they went to school with Christmas tree shaped sandwiches (on 100% whole wheat bread of course) and they had red and green goldfish on the side...a Christmas lunch! If only I was a scrapbooker, then I could show this to them whey they are older. Oh well.


Merry CHRISTmas!

2 comments:

threegirlsandamom said...

Come on, Christmas tree shaped sandwiches. You are making the other "non scrapbooking" moms look worse.

Unknown said...

Can I share your blog with some of my friends, so they will know there are other people like me out there.
oh and love the blog name........you were thinking of me when you made it right?