Well this is our 4th Christmas in this house, and the whole experience, as well as the size of the tree, has been shortened. This year, Annika and Mark had fallen asleep on my parents' couch. I woke Mark up, grabbed Taylor, and we ran over to Kroger, and we quickly found the best- looking "yellow tag" (this means cheapest) tree we could find. It's at least 2 feet shorter (and much cheaper) than our first tree, but it's beautiful (in my opinion)!
Like I said, I LOVE decorating it, I love ornaments. I re-live a memory with each ornament I hang. When I hang the Starbucks coffee mug ornament, I recall how I fell in love with Mark...he was my best customer when I was working at Starbucks. When he came in, I made that power frappuccino with love, even threw in a little extra chocolate just for him! There's also the cutest Peter Rabbit ornament that Greg and Erin gave me, b/c I did Taylor's nursery in Peter Rabbit in our apartment 4 1/2 years ago. From where I stand in the kitchen to look at my tree, I see a picture we took of Annika in the hospital right before Christmas 3 years ago. We leave it up as long as possible, it's
We also added a pink Barbie tree somewhere along the way, with pink lights and princess ornaments. The girls are so proud of this tree.
1 comment:
I love this blog! It's like getting to talk to you again, and hear you say all your funny stuff when we lived in the dorm.
Great Barbie tree by the way.
Post a Comment