Tuesday, October 28, 2008

All Good Parents Arrange Marriages

These pictures were taken at the school sock-hop back in the spring, but as I was going through old pictures today, I had to post these.


The guy in the driver's seat is Corey. He and Taylor have been in school together, off and on, since they were 3 (or maybe 2, the years have all run together). We became friends with their parents, and so long ago, we decided they would marry, just easier that way. We often take pictures of them together, and remark "oh, won't that picture look great on the rehearsal dinner table?"



Anyway, these pictures were taken at the sock-hop. You can clearly see what a responsible guy he is, and will be with my daughter. Look at him, eyes on the road, while the girl next to him jumps up and down in the car, probably singing loudly "Girls just wanna have fun", or who knows what. I've often heard that girls are the wild ones these days, but I know Corey is just the guy to reign her in. Finding this picture today confirms that we have made the right choice.




This last picture is Corey's little sister, Ashton. She and Annika have been pals for years. They clearly are walking on the wild side as well. Corey seems to be the only responsible one in the whole bunch. He must have gotten this from his dad, b/c his mom was shakin' it with the 5th graders for most of the night, and she often gets in car accidents while texting.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Giiiirrlll!!! I am crying! You are so funny!! I love this, and yes, All good parents arrange marriages! I hope Corey can live up to these high standards and expectations. I'll make sure of it. Annika and Ashton are going to be little trouble makers! Great post!!