Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Them & Me

Their mission in life is to prove me wrong. That is why God created them. I'm talking about my 2 girls.
Last night, they were taking a shower (together, this is what they do, saves time and water, not really), and they were playing around in there, after I had repeatedly told them to hurry up. So I say "OK, you have 5 more minutes of warm water, and then I'm switching it to cold!" I'm thinking "Take that! Now you'll stop that playing and get down to business."
And while they HATE cold water, won't even stick a toe in the shower until I've tested the water with a thermometer and it reads "perfect", this time they decided "game on". So they're standing there in ice cold water, shivering their cute little buns off, lips turning blue, LAUGHING AT ME! And I'm racking my brain, thinking "What do I do? What do I do? They're winning!"
And I couldn't stand it any longer, and I switched the water back to warm, told them to hurry up, and left the bathroom.
Score: Them 1,243 Me 1,187
I'm gaining. I'll win. I AM the Alpha Dog!

3 comments:

SunJane said...

oh man that is funny girl. I always forget and leave them in there so long the running gets cold on it's own. The house is just so quiet when they are showering!

Heidi McKee said...

OK- how did you put this blog on your facebook blog? I want to put them together too... I loved this story btw.

Mark S said...

That is craking me up