Sunday, November 2, 2008

Warning, I'm Done With It

I've given up on house cleaning. Who needs it? I've just decided it's beyond my ability to keep a house clean, so why waste my time? I've spent alot of time thinking about this, and here's what I've come up with...thinking back through all my 33 years, the most fun, welcoming, and favorite people I know had messy houses! I'm talking really messy. And the ones who keep a spotless house, well, I'm sorry, but not so much fun! I think there's even a saying out there that says "a clean house is a sign of a dull life." So there, I don't want to ever be accused of being dull. Maybe one day I'll hire a house cleaner, but it's just so much money going out the door that I could spend on something else, and it will be messy again in 6 hours.

So consider yourself warned. I can't fake it anymore and pretend to keep a clean house (not like you were fooled anyway). You should know that if you stop by unannounced, which is totally fine, you're likely to trip over something, get stuck to a sticky floor, and even see a few dishes in the sink. I'll be out having fun with my kids!

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Amen, April. I have come to the conclusion that it is a big waste of time to clean my house too. Let's have fun together at the neighborhood park. :)

keri said...

I'm joining you!

Taylor said...

Hmmm... I am sure you wrote this with me in mind. It will surprise you that I too have slipped in the cleanliness area here. I got tired of being the only one that contributes to the home... so, I guess you can say "I'm on Strike!" So, there is clutter on the counters and toys all over the toy room floor now. That is, until the days the housekeeper comes ;) haha

Jill said...

I seriously haven't gone out to your's or my blog in quite some time. I feel I can do the same things on facebook that I do here, so I'm just keeping up with one of them (facebook), and not blogging much anymore! Ha!

SunJane said...

So I'm hoping I'm a messy fun friend?