Tuesday, January 29, 2008

How Many Numbers Do You Have?

How many numbers will someone call to find you? Here's what I mean...when someone wants to get in touch with us, mostly family, they will call every single number (and sometimes more than once) trying to track us down. In the "old" days", you would call, no one would answer, you would just think "oh they're not home" and go on about your day.
Sometimes we're putting the kids to bed at night, and we'll hear our home phone ring...then we'll hear Mark's cell phone ring...then we'll hear my cellphone ring...then we'll hear Mark's office line upstairs ring...and so we finally think "oh, we better go check the messages, it must be urgent, since they called every line!!" And we'll call back, and they're like "hey, what did you eat for dinner tonight?" or something SO NOT urgent. It's kinda funny, and kinda sad.

6 comments:

Mark S said...

I tried to call you and leave this message but I could not get you, but I just want to tell you that today is Wednesday and Taylor gets out of school at 3pm.

velvet said...

Not funny. It's so annoying. Unless, or course, I'm trying to get a hold of Scott, and he's not answering!!!

velvet said...

Not funny. It's so annoying. Unless, or course, I'm trying to get a hold of Scott, and he's not answering!!!

Natalie said...

That used to happen to me all the time when I was putting Addie to bed when she was a baby. Keri would call my cell, then the home phone, then my cell again! It made me crazy!

Jill said...

I'm usually guilty of doing it to April sometimes. I'll call the cell, then the home, then the cell again. It's really annoying when I'm not with my family, and trying to get ahold of someone in the family. I'll call Mom's cell, then the house, then Dad's cell, then the house again, then April's cell, then April's house, then try calling again one of the above numbers and just get so frustrated, when what I'm calling for probably isn't even that important!

Heidi McKee said...

I guess your friends and family like you more...mine try once and won't even leave a message, when I ask them "why didn't you try my cell" They simply say.. "I didn't want too" I guess They give up! So it's a blessing that people want to talk to you :)