Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Annika's Birthday

Well I can't believe December has come and gone, and I didn't blog! So disappointing, b/c I love Christmas, and I remembered that I started my blog last December, just to blog about Christmas! Well December was full of great memories as always, but I'm not sure that I'll go back and blog anything about it now, but I wanted to at least get Annika's birthday posted. Since this blog kinda serves as their scrapbook, I think I owe her a birthday entry!

My "baby" turned 4 right before Christmas. She is one unique child. She makes me laugh more than I have ever laughed, and sometimes cry more than I have ever cried (during her stubborn moments). I feel honored that God picked me to be her mom.

Well Annika wanted a "snow" party this year. So I started searching to see how I could make this happen. I ordered this very cool stuff from the Steve Spangler website (http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/1262), it's called Insta-snow. It comes as a powder, and you add a little water to it, and it expands into this really neat stuff that looks like snow. I had planned to have the party outdoors, we were in the 80's through the beginning of December, so I thought I would be safe with an outdoor party. Well this blizzard type situation (exaggeration on the "blizzard") rolled through this day, and the wind was out of control. We were trying to put up a tent, and we couldn't put anything up, it was just crazy windy & cold. So at the last minute, we had to move the party indoors. We moved the furniture, put down a tarp, and brought a kiddy pool indoors. And all 21 kids (and their parents) had a wonderful time at an indoor snow party!

Here's the pics..




This is what it looked like when we first got started, just a couple small piles of snow...








The kids kept making snow, with the water and the powder, and it started filling up the pool. Eventually they all ended up in the pool. Colorado friends, laugh your hearts out, little Texas kids piling into a pool of fake snow...but they loved it.







Then we moved to another station, and the kids made ornaments, glass balls, with snow inside, they were cute!




Decorating cookies and having hot chocolate



The kids played a game where they wrapped some of the dads in toilet paper to make them look like snowmen.



Cake of course...


Snow angel!


3 comments:

Jill said...

Yes, it was sweet, and fun, loved the snow angels! I still think you should have put all the leftover snow in your neighbor's yards!

Mark S said...

My baby turned 4! I tell you that was one fun SNOW party. Annika your will is amazing and I hope that you will realize that God has something planned for you.
Love Dad

velvet said...

Could you please just bring the poor baby up next year?! Just kidding. Looks like a great "snow" party!