Have you ever read "Shepherding a Child's Heart?" If so, you'll think this is funny. I read it years ago, and recently starting skimming through it again to see where I've gone wrong. There's the "Circle of Blessing" section, goes like this.."In Ephesians 6:1-3, God has drawn a circle of great blessing. Children are to live within the circle of submission to parental authority. Submission to parents means HONORING and OBEYING. Within that circle things will go well and they will enjoy long lives." And they go on to talk about how when a child is disobedient, the parent must quickly restore the child to the circle by communication or the rod (spanking).
One afternoon after school when I was watching all 4 kids, they had all become disobedient, so I sat them down, and I'm going over this whole circle of blessing thing with them. I was preaching sister! They were all looking at me like I was so lame.
Today, Annika, Mattie, and I were eating lunch at the mall. We heard a kid crying, and Annika said "What's wrong with her?" I said I didn't know. Annika said "She probably got a spanking. She must have gotten outside of the circle, and she needs to get back in!"
I am still laughing!!! At least someone was listening.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
She might have been listening but she thinks her circle is really big.
That's so funny.
That's hilarious!
Post a Comment