Thursday, July 19, 2007

Friends

I'm hitting the road on Sunday (with the girls) to go and visit 2 old friends. I am SO excited!


First I'm going to see Stephanie. Stephanie and Jonathan were some of our first friends as newlyweds, they were our lifegroup leaders when we first joined a lifegroup. Those were great times! Our group was made up of a bunch of young couples with no kids, we could do or go wherever we wanted without having to deal with the childcare issues that face our lifegroups now. I have no idea what I complained about in those days...I only I THOUGHT I had a messy house, only thought I was busy, and I have no idea how I was ever late to anything with just myself to get ready! We talked and dreamed of becoming mothers, and well, we did! Taylor was born in July, and Elise was born 2 months later. And boy did life, and friendships, change.


So then I'm leaving from there and heading on down the road to see Sunny! I haven't seen Sunny in 4 years! She has added 2 kids to her family since I saw her last (bringing the total to 3), and I added 1. Sunny is a college friend. Wow, college friendships are great!! Back then, it seems we really KNEW people. We wanted to bond, that's just what we did. Now I often wear a mask, just b/c I'm busy, scared, who knows, I just don't take the time to really get intimate with people. But Sunny and I could sit around for hours, just drinking coffee and talking. We were "coffee-mates". We dreamed of having houses side by side and talking and drinking coffee. And now it's been 4 years since I've seen her.


I can't wait to see you girls!!!


Just for fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQJsPGD1t0g

3 comments:

Jill said...

Tears.......thanks!

Heidi McKee said...

Hope you have fun. Tell Sunny Hi and we'll be looking at blogs for pics!

Jill said...

Can we get an updated entry on this visit please? Pictures? Something?