Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Prize Photo

Three years ago, when Taylor was almost 2, she was a flower girl in my friend Emily's wedding in Louisiana. Well a long time after that, like a year probably, Emily brought me the photographer's business card, and her business card was a picture of Taylor from the wedding. Later she told me "oh, check out her website, Taylor's picture is on the front page, and also the watermark on every page that you click on!". It was very flattering the photographer thought Taylor was so cute, but I've always thought it was strange that she didn't ask for permission to use the photo for her advertising purposes. I could probably make some money here! But anyway, that was 3 years ago, but I just now ran across the business card, so I pulled up the website to see if she was still using the photo, and it's still there! Wow, in 3 years, Taylor is still the cutest thing she has photographed!! In the picture, Taylor was totally sweaty from running around the gardens in her flower girl dress, I can't believe that was her prize photo.
Here it is...
http://www.stevisonphoto.com/index.html

4 comments:

Heidi McKee said...

Girl, you've got to let her know about the "signing permission" stuff...and you could be liable for royalties, I'm not kidding. Models used for advertisement, even for photographers are paid GOOD money. I'd at least email the photog. But you're right! She is adorable!

velvet said...

Oh my goodness, that is a cute pic -- sweat and all! It is weird that she didn't ask to use it. But, if you confront her, she'll probably take it off!

Jill said...

Yes, you should definitely have said something about it, and I'm sure it's not too late. Even at church when we're registering our kids, we have to give permission for pictures to be used (like all those ones going up and down the hall).

Natalie said...

What a cute picture of little Taylor! I agree that the photographer really needs you to sighn a waiver! We miss you all!