Friday, October 9, 2009

I Wanna Hold Your Hand

I miss the old days! You know those days...before germaphobia. I miss being able to hold hands with my friends and play "red rover red rover, send April right over." I miss the days when we could gather in a circle at church and hold hands and pray. I miss the days when I wouldn't flinch when my own kids wanted to kiss me on the lips. And the days when I'm working at church and a precious 2 year old wants to hold my hand to walk down the hall, and as soon as we let go, I reach for the hand sanitizer. I just hate having to think about it.

I saw a kid in Target with his mom, and he was wearing a mask. I'm not sure if she was trying to protect us from him, or him from us. Strange feeling seeing a kid in a mask.

Darn hand sanitizer. Darn antibacterial soap. Darn flu. You're not the boss of me!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I know! I try to not be over concerned about all the germs.....sometimes I think that's what is the problem....we're trying to be too clean! I actually bought some regular 'ol hand soap the other day. It's not antibacterial. Just regular pump soap! Scary!