It's always baffled me how I can spend a whole day doing laundry, and then turn around 2 days later, and it's piled up again!!!
So I finally did the numbers...
Let's look at my family, a family of 5:
5 people X 2 articles of clothing per day (say a pair of pants and a shirt) x 7 days...70 pieces of laundry
Add in a pair of socks and underwear for each person x 7 days...another 70 pieces of laundry (of course you could count the socks as 2 if you wanted to, that would make it 147...but who's counting?)
So we're already up to about 140 pieces of laundry per week....you can add pajamas, other layers of clothing, the times your kids change just for the fun of it.....we're looking at several hundred pieces of clothing, each week!! No wonder I can't get it done.
And we're an average size family...I have friends who have 5 kids! I'm not even going to go there, because I would have to get the calculator out.
So there you go, my contribution to this day. I wonder how many pieces I could have folded while I was adding this up?
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh hello, I didn't even add in the towels, sheets, & burp cloths & bibs!
I hear ya girl... I started the washing machine at 8:00 this morning and it is STILL running... non stop today. I still have two more loads, kids are still in their jammies from last night :)
I am glad I am not the only one who feels like they are drowning in laundry!!!
Do not forget the soccer uniforms and soccer practice clothes :)
You are great. I love you.
Post a Comment