Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring Break









Just a couple of pics from last week, Spring Week. The girls and I traveled down to Louisiana to spend a few days with my grandmothers, both my mom's mom (Mimi), and my dad's mom (Maw Maw). It does us some good to get out of the city for a few days and get to the "country". The girls had so much fun just running and playing, they saw lizards, frogs, and other critters (yes, Mimi has a lizard on her arm). The alligator from the bayou had recently killed a large golden retriever from down the road, so we're glad we didn't see the alligator. I feel very lucky that I have lived in a small town, and now I live in a large city, so I've been able to live the advantages and disadvantages of both. Sometimes I feel I'm cheating my kids by raising them in such a fast-paced culture, I often feel like kids don't get enough time to be kids here. I hope they can remember these trips to their great-grandmother's, where life is much simpler, there's more to see than retail centers and traffic. Maybe they'll leave the big city someday, who knows, as long as they follow God's leading. And as long as they don't mind me and Mark tagging along behind =)
Oh, the houses, I just posted pictures of their houses, b/c I like white houses with porches!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh, it looks like ya'll had fun. Those are some really cute pictures of the girls! Those would make great scrapbook pictures for the girls to look back on some day. Love 'em! So cute!

Heidi McKee said...

I hear ya girl! You could move to forney on a little acreage and have a little of both :) You are doing a great job teaching them God's creation, don't ever doubt it

Mark S said...

Ahhhhh country living... what more to say.