Mark's birthday was last Thursday...34 years old!!! He's almost out of the early thirties, next year he'll be mid-thirties. Strange to think that he was only 25 when I met him, just a young hunk, he he he. 
Each year that his birthday rolls around, I'm always reminded of this story from the first year we were married. I was working at the college at the time, and there was a conference at the college on the day of his birthday. I had been working on this for quite a while, and I was so nervous about everything going as planned. I woke up that morning in a panic, got ready, and rushed off to work, and totally forgot to wish Mark a happy birthday. He didn't even say anything!!! I usually give him about 30 seconds to wish me happy birthday, an
Well, this year...we stayed home that evening, Taylor was still running a fever from the flu, but we made him one of his favorite meals, sloppy joes, (served on the You Are Special Today plate) and little pudding pies for dessert. The next night we went to dinner with the rest of his family to celebrate Mark's birthday, and our brother in law, Jamie. I forgot my camera, so I have nothing to show for this (except a couple of pounds from the enchiladas).
Here's something funny Mark did over the weekend...my sister and kids were coming over Saturday night to visit and eat pizza. So I pulled out my coupon file to look for pizza
coupons. I found a coupon for one free pizza at Papa John's...one free order of cinnamon sticks from Pizza Hut...and Little Caesars has the Hot and Ready pizzas for $5. So I asked him which one he wanted, and he said "I'll just go to all 3 places". And he did. So we got 2 large pizzas and an order of cinnamon sticks for $5.41. This is so Mark. I would have never gone to 3 pizza places just save a couple of dollars, and he can't imagine why someone would NOT do this.
So this is Mark and I. Two totally opposite people who somehow fit together. A few days ago, I was very emotional about something ridiculous, but he doesn't operate with the same high level of emotions that I do. He can say, "here's what the Bible says, and here's what the facts are", and sometimes this ticks me off, but most of the time he makes sense. I love you Mark.
Oh, the tennis racket...this is what he wanted for his birthday. It sounds like we're all heading to tennis lessons to take up a new family activity. I'm very excited about this, when exercise and family-time can be combined into one activity, we all win!!
5 comments:
wow! I can't believe you've known Mark 9 years!!
Mark, I didn't actually call to tell you Happy Birthday, but I was thinking it was your birthday all day, and I still am promising to make you those golf towels!
And yes, the 3 different pizza places was so fun! Mark you crack me up!!
Happy Birthday, Mark! Family tennis sounds fun! And, uh, is that a knife Annika is using to eat???
I would definitely drive to 3 different places for a cheap dinner. Scott wouldn't even think to look at coupons. He probably doesn't even know where I have them!
I haven't met Mark yet, but I like him already-anyone who can get that much food for $5 is awesome in my book!
your family makes me smile...praise God for extreme opposites, we need the balance huh? Happy Birthday Mark, you guys are precious.
I am just now getting up to date on the blogs and I am totally impressed with the pizza purchase.
Post a Comment