The toilets in this house are a step up from squatty potties. I'm totally grateful for my house and all, but this was a spec home many years ago, and everyone knows they stick bottom-of-the-line toilets in these houses! Step up from squatty potties I'll say again. One short tinkle, two squares of toilet paper, and then flush! Don't blow your nose while you're sitting there and think you can deposit that tissue at the same time you tinkled. And well, when you have to do your other business....do it in shifts! Deposit flush. Wipe flush. Wipe flush. I'm sure many unsuspecting visitors to our home were UNpleasantly surprised to go through their normal routine, only to flush and then realize it didn't all go down. Which is why we bought four plungers for all four toilets when we first moved in, to save the visitors from the shame of having to peek their shameful eyes out of the door and call for the nearest person to bring them a plunger. Horrifying! Oh, one more thing, when you flush the front toilet....flush and then jump out of the way! Yep, sometimes it splashes...grody!
So anyway, at any given time, one of the four toilets is on the blink. Currently it's the one in our master bathroom. Mark's back has been out this week, so I'm refraining from mentioning any extra honey-do's. But anyone within a 2-mile radius of our house already knows it's on the blink. Flush. And then FRRRROOONNNKKKKKKKKK! (that's the only way I know to describe a very loud annoying something-like-a foghorn sound...try it right now to get the full picture). First it was one FRROONNKKK. Then it was two. Now we're up to about 11, oh wait, here comes one more....wait, 1 more FFFRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOONNKKKK!!!!!! In the dead silence of the night (well except for when Brady is calling out Mama and not Daddy, or when Taylor is sleepwalking and talking about character sketches), flushing a toilet causes the whole neighborhood to duck and take cover! Are we under attack?? Are the neighborhood stray cats in heat?? Tornado sirens??
Ah well. We'll get it fixed. If nothing else, it makes a good story...unless you were eating breakfast while you read this.
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHA I can sooo relate to this one! I have one of these in my master bathroom, and it's aweful! But who really wants to go toilet shopping! The worst is the day after I've had a strenuous workout with my trainer (leg day) try squatting onto that sucker with your legs screaming out in opposition. lol
HA HA, I know the feeling!
you need the toilet that can flush golf balls!
I died laughing reading this....like it brought tears............so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha ha, probably b/c you've experienced the "splashing"! Kayla yes, something like that...something so strong, that it would suck up small children if they went near!
I hope you are training your kids to put the lid down when they flush... all that yummy potty water spraying all over the counter tops, where the tooth brushes are probably laying out...
nice. :)
Post a Comment