Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer 2011

Well good morning! Don't expect too much from this blog this summer (as if you ever did!).  All the kids are home and crazy, and I don't expect too many complete sentences to come my way.  I think most of my blogging for this summer will be short stories and funny sayings from my kids that I want to remember for later (WAY later in most instances.)

So yesterday, which was the first day of summer vacation, in typical summer vacation fashion, the whole crew was awake at 6:30 am (despite staying up late the night before).  Ugh!  Mark hurt his back over the weekend and is in bad shape.  His body is visibly out of alignment, I've never seen anything like it, and I hope to never see it again.  So we dropped him off at the chiropractor and drove over to Kohls to pass the time.  When we pulled into the parking lot, my girls said  "Why aren't there any cars here?"  And so I answered "Well most people aren't shopping at Kohl's this early in the summer, most kids your age are still sleeping right now!"

And then both of them at about the same time said "Not us!!  We want to rock and roll all nite and party every day!"

HAAA!!  Great answer kids.  Bring it Summer 2011!

3 comments:

Natalie Lovins said...

That's cute! Your girls sounds like they have BIG personalities. So fun!!! Hope your husband is feeling better too!

Melinda said...

I'll start praying for you now!!! That is so funny!

Jill said...

that is funny!!