Boys....
I've been surrounded with kids for many years, but I haven't really "studied" the behavior of little boys, simply because I didn't have any. I had 2 girls, and I assumed the 3rd would also be a girl.
Well now I have a baby boy.
So I was working up at my church today in the older 2-year old classroom, and I noticed a few things that made me realize that the years ahead are going to be, well, interesting....
First observation, obviously, is related to boys' bathroom habits: Kid #1 had to go potty...Kid #2 decided to sneak into the bathroom with him. They both drop their pants. Kid #1 grabbed his little "boy part" to point it in the direction of the bowl...and then he realized, "lo and behold, my friend has one too!". And so now he's holding his "boy part" and laughing, Kid #2 is laughing too. When Kid #2 gets a chance to get to the potty, he's making some weird Elvis-type moves....and the whole situation was...well it was just like boys!
And then there was the playground...I had to pretend to be a firefighter for 15 minutes...on the firetruck, off the firetruck, on the firetruck, off the firetruck...."honk honk, get out of the way, it's an emergency!!". I lost 3 pounds.
Oh they are precious. I look forward to going down this road with a boy. If you have any advice along the way, please help a sister out!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment