Friday, January 9, 2009

The Laundry Room Problem

Let's talk "laundry room". When I exit my home, or enter my home, I have to walk through it. So it seems to me that it would be a nice room to gain control over, b/c when I get out of my car and walk through this warzone, I'm frazzled before even actually getting into my house (actually the first obstacle is the garage, but I'm not even going there).

So here's the task at hand:

The cool part is that all of those shelves were already built in! Nice feature! The uncool part is, well, you can see how this has turned out for me. There's cleaning supplies on one shelf, some hats, candles, etc. And then the 2 bottom shelves and the floor hold the girls' craft items.
So I hit the road yesterday and ended up at the Container Store. I was imagining shelf dividers, so that the coloring books and other things could all be contained in their own section, without flowing over into unwelcome areas. The Container Store lady informs me that "all things Elfa" are 30% off in January, so that's definitely the way to go.
The Elfa baskets weren't exactly the sizes I had in mind, but they were pretty cheap, so I grabbed 3. On the way to the checkout, I finally found the shelf dividers, they had only ONE pack. And they were more expensive than I had hoped, but I grabbed it anyway, I hope to find some cheaper ones somewhere else.
I like the shelf dividers, and I like the baskets for some things too. If you have any ideas, let me know. I'll post an update when I finish!

No comments: