Checking in with the people who read here...which I really don't even know who all of you are. Since I don't know who my audience is, how am I supposed to know what you would like to read? =)
I'm in a time of being "stretched" by God. Not sure exactly what I mean by that, but sometimes you're just tootling along in life, and then are times when you feel God is stretching you a bit more. I know I'm having to practice contentment and patience right now, and waiting. Just in that time when everything is on the table before God, and just waiting on answers, but at the same time wanting to be intentional with each hour of the day. Mark has various open doors at the time; different ministry options are in front of me; I'm wanting to go for the third baby, and yet working through some various options regarding that; ya know, just life stuff. I am just floored with awe at our God! Just his day to day presence in my life. His LIVING word. Seriously, regarding the Bible, a story I had read a million times in the Bible, just recently came to life and spoke to me in a whole new way, and it was life-changing (or week changing).
I don't know at what point in my life God went from being this far-off concept in the sky, to an every hour of every day presence in my life. I love noticing the little things. Here's one....we couldn't find our pool card...they mailed them out to us AFTER pool season last year (dumb), so of course I stuck it somewhere and couldn't find it...the replacement cost is $50!!! And in a time of trying to be obedient in areas where God is leading us regarding our finances, losing the pool card stinks! I have looked and looked and had finally told Mark today we were going to have to cough up the fifty bucks and get a pool card so the kids can go swimming. So he's upstairs tonight having his reading and prayer time, and sees an unrecognized envelope sticking out from a stack of papers, and what do you think it is?? YES, the pool card.
One thing I really love is how I'm losing "myself" more and more over the years. Me, myself, and I, well it's just ugly. But I just love how God is pushing "me" out of the way more and more, so that His spirit can flow me and do what he needs to do. Thank goodness He is living through me..."I" really have nothing to offer.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Really great post, April! It makes me a little sad that I haven't been living in a spot to notice those little things lately. Thanks for the reminder. Life is so much better that way.
We all want God to speak to us and we look for His big answers but we sould rejoice to Him speaking to us day to day in the litlle ways.
Thanks for sharing, April. That was awesome!
Sounds like God is using this special time to draw you closer to him. How awesome! Great inspiration for me.
I'm waiting for God's email to tell me what to chose! I'm not good on "waiting" on him at all! But all the time know that's exactly what He wants from me! Preach on sister---
Good stuff girl. I love your praise toward God, it's one thing that has never lacked since I've known you. I love the idea that "me, myself and I" are no good. Isn't that the truth!
Post a Comment