Friday, September 21, 2007

We're Getting Back Together

Yes, it's true, Jill and I are getting back together.

About 10 years ago, in college, we shared a 1 bedroom apartment in the ghetto of Addison (sorry to you other DCC students who didn't realize our apartments on Brookhaven Club Drive were the ghetto, but they were...I had an angry drunk man nearly beat my door down one night while screaming "I know you're in there, I know you're in there!!", while I hunkered down in the corner and prayed; on another evening the Addison PD chased someone right through our stairwell; one day I watched a woman flee out of a window). Anyway, but Jill left and moved to Missouri, leaving a bunch of stuff behind (like cookbooks and dishes, nothing I could actually use!) I knew that would be the last time we shared a space.

But now Jill, and her 2 kids Mason and Mattie, will be moving into our house for awhile, and Mason has already started going to "Taylor's school". Yes, I'm sure 4 kids under the age of 5 will bring some chaos. But I think it will be a blessing too. How many cousins actually get to live together and go to the same school?? Jill is "radiant" (this has become my favorite word since seeing Charlotte's Web last year), most of you know that already. And Mason and Mattie are just precious.

Enjoy these 3 pictures are from college...a birthday dinner for Sunny; graduation; NYC









10 comments:

Jill said...

Tears! wow! I'm radiant? Haven't felt so radiant lately. I actually feel like Jonah, and that I've been swallowed by a big whale named Buck, and I've been living inside his whale for 8 months, and that he's just spit me back out, and I'm dirty and covered in whatever was inside that whale and trying to get clean again.

I absolutely love the picture from sunny's birthday. I looked so cute back then, when I wore my hair in braided pigtails, and could care less that people thought how juvenile it looked!

And yes, I'm sure it will be chaotic. I hope Mark is actually able to work. Me and the kids will probably spend a lot of time in my room! And atleast their dad will come home 3 days after we move in, so we'll get a break right at first!

Yay! I'm so excited. Now if ya'll could just get to steppin' on gettin' it ready, we'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JK

Jill said...

Ok, also wanted to add who in the world let me show up to your graduation wearing that maw maw dress? Why didn't ya'll stop me?????????? I looked happy though. I remember Aunt Melinda picked me up from school at LSUA that morning, and we drove straight to Dallas in time for the graduation. Which means I also wore that awful thing to school that day! Wow!!!!!!!

threegirlsandamom said...

I am dying laughing at the MawMaw dress comment... mostly because of the MawMaw maternity dresses that April had... Jill is definitly radiant and I pray this time together will be a blessing for everyone. Jill, we would all be blessed to be Jonah in the long term. He was eventually very blessed by God. I love you girlie!! You guys are welcome here anytime you need to get away.

April said...

Yes, it was definitely maw-mawish. I just thought maybe you liked lavender cotton dresses..I'm sure it was comfortable!

Jill said...

And what's worse, is that I was probably wearing my doc marten sandals with it! I wore those things all the time with everything!

keri said...

Thanks for bringing back those Addison memories... ha! Please tell Jill "hi" for me. I know Andrew would love to live with his cousins! How fun!

velvet said...

Jill will always be beautiful.

SunJane said...

I dido Velvet, Jill is gorgeous no matter what she wears!
And I remember wearing doc martin sandals with everything too!
Funny also, I noticed how cute your hair was at my party also. I remember being jealous of it that night too!

Natalie said...

I've looked at those 3 pictures a few times over the past few days and was trying to figure out why you weren't in the pictures-I just realized you're on the right! Your hair looks so dark that I totally didn't recognize you!

It sounds like you all are going to have a great time together under one roof! Makes me wish I had a sister!

rachel roo said...

hey april your family is beautiful. It looks like you are truly happy and blessed.

love,
rachel