Monday, April 16, 2007

Facing My Fears at 32!

So I turned 32 last week! No biggie, God has been very good to me, and I am thankful to have experienced His grace for one more year.

Well today, Monday, I woke up feeling a little more like 32, kinda creaky, sore, you know. So I decided the way to fight off the creakiness was to head to the gym. If you know me, you know that I'm not really "into" working out. My brother and his fiance, they are "into" it. They talk about it, actually do it everyday, and have nice toned bodies to show for it. I just drag myself up there every so often b/c it's somewhere on the "to do" list. You may have heard me tell the story of when I was delivering Taylor, I had just started pushing, and the nurse said "you're a great pusher, do you work out?" Mark started cracking up, right there in the delivery room, and I'm laughing pretty hard too, that someone asked me if I worked out.

So anyway, back to the story, went to the gym, did my "not too hard" of a workout, and I'm stretching so that I can get out of there, and the cute young blond-haired trainer walked out of the classroom and said "no one is here for my ab class, wanna do it?" Now I do not "do" ab classes! Or any type of organized exercise class. This brings back memories of a great summer I spent with Keri McWhirter, we joined a gym together and tried out an aerobic class, and we stunk at it! (I'll speak for myself, I stunk at it). I was turning in circles all over the place, tripping over my step, doing the wrong moves, very embarrassing, so I never went back. So I have a fear of exercises classes!

So here I am, about to head out, and cute blonde is asking me very sweetly if I wanted to do an ab class, and I didn't really have an excuse not to, so I followed her in. The other girl who was nearby me at the time decided to go, too.

So I did my first ab class today! And I did very well! I know that I will pay for it dearly in the morning, I can't imagine how sore I'll be, but now I can say "I am 32, and I have completed one ab class!!"

The picture is of Taylor singing Happy Birthday to me =)

8 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday April! I love what the nurse told you in the delivery room! My friend just delivered a baby via c-section and I asked her what the incision felt like a few days after the surgery. She said that it felt like she had done hundreds of crunches the day before. I said, "I haven't felt that feeling in a long time." Keri looked and me and I corrected myself by saying "Okay I've never felt that feeling!" So, you are awesome for making it through the ab class!
I hope your birthday was a great one!

Mark S said...

I am proud of you for facing your fear of the formal exercise class. You look great!
I Love You!

velvet said...

I was wondering when you were going to blog about the big day! Congrats on completing the ab workout. I love a good workout!

Taylor is adorable.

Heidi McKee said...

Happy Birthday, 32's not bad, I've been it for 9 months now, and confess have not done an ab class, or any excercise for that matter. 33's gonna Suck! You are such a delight!

keri said...

Hey. Happy Birthday! I laughed so hard remembering our "workout" summer. Glad that all is going well for you guys. Miss ya.

Jill said...

So proud of you april, although looking at your, you'd never know you didn't do ab classes!! =)

Jill said...

Ok, I'm tired, I meant "looking at you," not "looking at your!"

Padre Reeds said...

Happy almost month late bithday.
Your birthday is written on my calendar too. HOw sad is that. I love you alot, and wish I could have personally wittnessed the work out session.
-Sunny