Thursday, June 7, 2012

Denied

So I have a little group of friends who are in a "Book Club."  They totally look down on me because I won't read the assigned books and come to their club.  I've been trying to explain to them for months that I am NOT anti-books....I just can't knock out a book every three days...and so they won't let me come to their book club meetings...a bit discriminatory I think.  What are they really doing during book club meetings??  I surely think there's something more going on in there than discussing characters and settings, and maybe that's why they're not letting me come.  Hmm....oh I should also add that my book club friends are two of the four people who read this blog, so I'm not really talking about them, more like talking to them.

So anyway, I'm banned from book club, and then this happens....took the kids to the library today, like we do every summer, picked out our books and headed to the self-checkout desk...I proudly flash my card (yep, I'm a proud card-carrying member of the Frisco Public Library), only to see "BARRED USER" flash on the screen.  What??  Yep, I'm sure I've been "barred" before...but from the library?

Ah, well here's the background information....before we entered the library, we slid two books into the drop-box that were due last summer.  Oops. You see I don't really go to the library during the school year, because the kids check out books from school, and I buy all my books online so that I can keep them as long as want...like I said, I can't knock out a book every three days.  Totally irresponsible to keep those books for a year, who knows how long the wait list was long for Barbie princess.  I indeed should be barred.

So I hung my head and did the walk of shame to the desk to turn myself in.  "Hello.  I am April Solomon, and I am a BARRED USER."

So after I shelve books, sort the microfiche, and read books to the children all summer, my record will be clean. Yes!  


5 comments:

Barb said...

We do not "look down," we simply think you aren't as smart as us!! :)I'm surprised we let you be friends with us now that I think about it. I mean really, who doesn't like to read?

April said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Angel said...

Umm--I thought I was hiding it well from you, but I do look down on you for not reading. We are getting ready to start another club--a parenting one--and have already discussed how we have to ban you from that, too because your son moons people.

Kayla said...

Barred from the library! Don't tell Lee, he won't let us be friends anymore.

Tammy said...

Oh Amber, I'm so glad to know a really, cool & beautiful person inside out is not included in a book club. I loved to read; I read often & would thoroughly get sucked into a book that I did little else. Hey, you write a blog & great notes on FB-I think you must be far more interesting than my friends who have not included at least an invitation to a book club!!